Server Management Program
All servers are managed with an integrated package of monitoring, version control, patch management and administrative services. We make extensive use of tools, firewalls and advanced analytics. We provide regular reports that include ideas to optimize your server infrastructure. Our service is staffed 7×24 and includes emergency on-site service as required.
This premium service package is used for all servers under Quartet care. Our consistency drives efficiency, expedites performance analytics and ensures best practice adherence.
There are no shortcuts to good server management. The implications of mistakes or inconsistencies in this area are far reaching. If we manage or host your servers, they must be under our Server Management Program.
We excel at managing hybrid on-site/hosted server environments. In fact, many of our clients use on-site, public and Quartet hosted servers.
Quartet servers are housed in private rooms at 3rd party “telecom hotels”. The facilities are over 100 km apart, have high speed interconnectivity, redundant internet feeds and excellent security. Our private hosted servers enable very high management and control. Our telecom hotels ensure security and disaster recovery compliance and public hosted servers augment our capabilities.
Standard reports include cpu utilization, memory availability, patch version and other use statistics. Custom reports are available on request, including line of business application performance. LOB application management is one of the most significant parts of our service. We will partner with your application developer, or in-house staff to ensure infrastructure adequacy and version control consistency. Our services can be augmented with custom development work or specialized support as required.
Server Patch Management
- The required patches to production servers are scheduled and deployed.
- Install Windows Server Security Updates
- Audit process ensures that patch installations are successful
- Managing Users, Computers, and Groups
- Manage local, roaming, and mandatory user profiles
- Create and manage computer accounts in an Active Directory environment
- Create and manage groups
- Create and manage user accounts
- Troubleshoot computer accounts
- Troubleshoot user accounts
- Basic modifications of existing Group Polices
- Managing and Maintaining Access to Resources
- Configure access to shared folders
- Manage shared folder permissions
- Configure file system permissions
- Verify effective permissions when granting permissions
- Change ownership of files and folders
- Troubleshoot access to files and shared folders
- Manage DNS
- Manage DNS zone settings
- Manage DNS record settings
- Manage DNS server options
- Manage Exchange Server
- Manage recipient policies
- Manage Virtual Directories
- Manage SSL certificate
- Manage Exchange Transport objects
- Manage Exchange archiving
- Manage Exchange Clustering (DAG)
- Manage user objects
- Manage distribution and security groups
- Manage contacts
- Manage address lists
- Manage ActiveSync compatible mobile devices
- Monitor Critical Services
- Window Services
- Application Services (Exchange, SQL)
- Monitor Disk Space
- Internal Disks Only, Removable disks such as USB drives are not monitored
- Monitor CPU Usage
- Monitor Memory Usage